Celebrate the Feast Day of Blessed Brother James Miller, FSC
February 13, 2020, marks the inaugural Feast Day for the newly beatified Brother James Miller, FSC. Brother James was killed in the afternoon of February 13, 1982, while repairing a wall just outside “La Casa Indígena De La Salle” in Guatemala.
In 2010, Brother James was designated a Servant of God and a martyr for the faith, and on Thursday, November 8, 2018, Pope Francis approved a decree recognizing that Brother James Miller died as a martyr. Brother James is the first De La Salle Christian Brother from the United States to be beatified. Brother James was beatified on December 7, 2019, in Huehuetenango. The Church calendar now considers February 13, the date of his death, as a memorial observance in the liturgical year.
You are invited to use the following resources to celebrate the feast day of Blessed Brother James Miller. Two new prayer resources have been added to celebrate the occasion. More resources will be added as they become available.
About Brother James Miller, FSC
- Background on Brother James (Santiago) Miller, FSC
- Brother James Miller Q&A (Excerpt from De La Salle Today)
- My Co-Worker, Blessed Brother James Miller, An Essay By: Brother Paul Joslin, FSC
- Brother James Miller PowerPoint
- Beatification Timeline
- Memorial to Brother James Alfred Miller, FSC
- Common of a Martyr (New)
- A Brother for Others (New)
- Celebrating our Blessed Brother James Miller Prayer Card
- Celebrating the Beatification of Brother James Miller
- Remembering our Brother James Miller
- Celebrating our Brother James Miller