Great news from San Miguel Chicago President Phil Jimenez:
This past October Mrs. Doris Christopher, Founder and Chairman Emeritus of The Pampered Chef, Ltd. reached out to me to invite San Miguel to participate in the first Chicago National Day of the Bible – Public Bible Reading. The event was held Monday, November 19 at the Chicago Cultural Center, G.A.R. Rotunda and Hall.
Ten San Miguel 8th graders attended the event, and one of our very own Miss Fernanda Anaya read Luke 6: 17‐45 along with 12 other distinguished readers. Please see the list of the 13 readers.
1. Congressman Randy Hultgren, US Representative for Illinois’ 14th Congressional District
2. Senator Kirk Dillard, Member of the Illinois State Senate representing the 24th District of Illinois
3. Rabbi Carl Wolkin, President: Chicago Board of Rabbis
4. Mr. Patrick McCaskey, Senior Director of Special Projects: Chicago Bears Football Club
5. Pastor Charles Jenkins II, Senior Pastor: Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church
6. Miss Fernanda Anaya, 8th Grade Student: San Miguel School Chicago
7. Rev. James P. McIlhone, Director of Biblical Formation: Archdiocese of Chicago
8. Ms. Vicki Escarra, CEO: Opportunity International
9. Mr. Pedro DeJesus, Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary: Tampico Beverages, Inc
10. Pastor Bruce K. Modahl, Senior Pastor: Grace Lutheran Church & School
11. Mr. Richard Black, Managing Director: Altair Advisors
12. Dr. John M. Templeton, Jr., President: The Templeton Foundation
13. Ms. Doris K. Christopher, Founder & Chairman Emeritus: The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
A proud moment for the San Miguel Family!